I don’t like zucchinis. Not even a little bit. But they are good for you and I get them from my CSA whether I want them or not. Thus, I must find ways to hide them in other things, like this carrot based soup!
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 Tbl canola oil
- 1 pound carrots, chopped
- 2 zucchinis, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- salt to taste
- In a large pot, heat the oil, garlic, and onion slowly till onion is translucent.
- Add chopped vegetables and broth, add additional water if vegetables are not fully submerged in the liquid.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Lower to simmer, leaving cover on, for 20 minutes or until carrots are soft.
- Let cool slightly and then carefully puree in a blender in batches (be very careful putting hot liquid in a blender!).
- Strain puree for a velvety texture and salt to desired taste.
Serving suggestion: a dollop of sour cream, swirl of sriracha sauce, and a sprinkle of fresh chives, plus some homemade Cheddar Chive Crackers on the side for dipping!