I am in love with home made crackers! After last week’s test run of Cheddar Chia, I’m trying out Cheddar Chive…and you guessed it, topped with sour cream.
I couldn’t stop eating my last batch of crackers and I already knew what flavor combo I wanted to try next. Sour cream and chives are a perfect match and oh my did these come out delicious!
I made the mistake of using room temp water and had to leave my dough in the fridge much longer because of that, it wasn’t cold enough to roll and cut so back into the fridge it went for an extra ten minutes and then my problem was solved.
Makes approximately two dozen crackers.
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 2 Tbl fresh chives, minced
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Combine rice, cheese, baking powder, chives, pepper, and salt in a bowl and lightly mix.
- Add half the water and mix with your hands to combine into a dough ball, add more water slowly until the dough is fully sticking together.
- Place the dough between two sheets of plastic wrap and press flat. Move dough to the fridge for 20 min.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees and grease a baking sheet.
- Cut dough with a cookie cutter.
- Place crackers on the baking sheet with a little space between and bake for 10-20 minutes depending on thickness.
- Combine remaining dough, roll flat again, cut, bake, repeat till all the dough is used; chill as needed to keep dough firm.
- Cool until room temperature before serving, store in an airtight container for up to one week.
2 Comments Add yours
Great recipe! They look delicious 😊