I used the last of my stash of jackfruit on this dish, know I must wait for them to come back in season so I can fill up my freezer again! I decided to go with an orange theme for the veggies to compliment the visual appeal of the jackfruit. Add chilies to your preferred level of spice, or leave them out altogether.
- 2 Tbl vegetable oil
- 1/2 white onion, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup peeled and chopped sweet potato
- 1/2 cup pinto beans (soaked the night before)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 Tbl curry powder
- 1 Tbld turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup chopped jackfruit
- 2 Tbl chopped cilantro
- salt liberally
- chilies to desired spice level
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet, add onion and stir frequently.
- Add carrots and potato and continue to stir until all veggies are coated with oil.
- Add the pinto beans, coconut milk, curry, turmeric, and cumin. Add salt and chilies. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 20mins or until potatoes are soft.
- Add jackfruit and cilantro.
- Serve with rice.
2 Comments Add yours
Ooh jackfruit! It’s so funny – I’m just so used to eating them straight when they’re cooked that I find it odd when people cook them. Even though I’ve had them cooked before and they’re so good! Thanks for sharing this.