If you are not yet familiar with the addictive aroma of Jackfruit, this recipe will surround you with the heavenly scent of banana-pineapple deliciousness as the muffins bake in your oven. Why is this is not yet the most popular candle fragrance out there?
Fresh Jackfruit is best, but you can find it canned or frozen with all the work of breaking these monstrous fruits down. I usually pick up a 40lb whole Jack and break it down myself, storing the fruit in small batches in my freezer until I use them. The store I get mine from will also cut off hunks of a larger fruit and sell them that way. If you aren’t used to this exotic ingredient, it might be a good way to start.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 4 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 1/2-2 cups jackfruit
- Position a rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a standard 12-muffin pan.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients.
- In a blender, add the oil and the egg and puree the jackfruit in small batches till you have 2 cups of wet mixture in total.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and gently fold until combined, do not overmix.
- Divide the batter amongst the muffin tins.
- Bake for 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center and comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 2 minutes and finish cooling on a rack.
Serving suggestion: a dollop of sour cream.
This is a follow-up post to: Wonderful aroma of Jackfruit
One Comment Add yours