My niece is spending the week with me and while we are having a lot of fun “girl-time” and I’m getting to play tourist in my own town, there is one thing we have to keep track of at all times: Carbs.
She has Type 1 Diabetes and everything she eats needs to be accounted for and tracked. With all the apps available these days to figure out the nutritional content of food, it’s fairly easy to do, but still makes it a little more complex to just whip something up from scratch and serve it.
Wanting to make something special, I tasked myself with a mission of making a low-carb brownie. I got two thumbs up from a very happy kiddo when I served her these at snack time! Not only are these low-carb, they are moist and fluffy, and light!
And according to my handy-dandy online nutrition calculating app, each brownie comes out to just 21 carbs (205 calories, 13g sugar, 10g fat and 6g protein).
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup coco powder
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbl vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 oz sprinkles
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter and coco powder in a small pot, set aside to cool to room temp.
- In a large bowl, whish the eggs. Add the sugar, vanilla, and salt.
- Combine the chocolate into the eggs.
- Add in the coconut flour and whisk till smooth.
- Grease an 8×8 baking pan and pour in the mixture, spreading till even.
- Top with sprinkles.
- Bake for 30 min.
- Cut into 9 squares, serve when cool.
4 Comments Add yours
Way to go Auntie!
Oooh wow. Low sugar brownies 😍 yes please xxx
These look delicious!
Yeah these look awesome!