Looking for something a little different for pasta night? There are so many brands of bean or lentil based pastas out there, a protein boost without the meat or faux-meat substitute! This recipe is vegan and the black bean pasta used was gluten-free.
- Black bean pasta
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 lb of summer squash sliced thin
- 6 baby bella mushrooms slice thin
- 1 cup fresh spinach rough cut
- 6 Tbl Olive oil
- 2 Tbl Lemon juice
- 4 Tbl Fresh parsley
- 1 Avocado sliced
- Cook pasta according to the box.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, add 2 Tbl of the olive oil and add half the garlic, sauté for 2 min.
- Add squash and stir until soft.
- Add mushrooms and remaining garlic and stir till soft.
- Add spinach and parsley and turn heat to low, stirring until spinach wilts.
- Add lemon juice and 2 more Tbl of olive oil.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain pasta and toss with the remaining 2 Tbl of olive oil. Divide evenly on plates. Spoon vegetable mix over the top and garnish with slices of avocado and fresh cracked pepper.
- Serve warm.